• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police to pose as burglars in the middle of the night in bid to cut break-ins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police to pose as burglars in the middle of the night in bid to cut break-ins

If you awoke in the dead of night and saw a suspicious character trespassing on your property trying your windows and doors you would assume it was a burglar and immediately call the police.

But residents may be in for a shock for the dark-clad figure trying your car door may in fact be a police officer.

Officers are posing as burglars to test the windows and doors of homes in a campaign to improve security.

More here.

It should be legal to use a gun on someone who starts a thread off with a daily mail link.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It should be legal to use a gun on someone who starts a thread off with a daily mail link.
      Would it be legal to return fire in self defence?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Would it be legal to return fire in self defence?
        Give me a .357 Magnum and I won't miss*

*The wall behind you
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Give me a .357 Magnum and I won't miss*

*The wall behind you
          .357 Magnum is a revolver cartridge, it can be shot from many different handguns and rifles...

Not that you'd need it after Mr Glock has a few words with you

Comment

.357 Magnum is a revolver cartridge, it can be shot from many different handguns and rifles...

Not that you'd need it after Mr Glock has a few words with you
            I found a 357 Magnum revolver far more controllable than a Glock. Was still tulip with both of them, but the revolver was less bad
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I found a 357 Magnum revolver far more controllable than a Glock. Was still tulip with both of them, but the revolver was less bad
              What make numpty? .357 Magnum revolver means a handgun that fires those rounds, many makes - they behave differently, not that it would make any difference to you.

Revolvers are reliable and usually have good stopping power, but so are 10+ 9mm holes in ones body ...

Comment

What make numpty? .357 Magnum revolver means a handgun that fires those rounds, many makes - they behave differently, not that it would make any difference to you.

Revolvers are reliable and usually have good stopping power, but so are 10+ 9mm holes in ones body ...
                No idea, it was a range gun. Not that it really matters, none of us is ever going to use one in this country.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Not that it really matters, none of us is ever going to use one in this country.

Comment

If you awoke in the dead of night and saw a suspicious character trespassing on your property trying your windows and doors you would assume it was a burglar and immediately call the police.

But residents may be in for a shock for the dark-clad figure trying your car door may in fact be a police officer.

Officers are posing as burglars to test the windows and doors of homes in a campaign to improve security.

More here.

Is this from Viz?
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X