• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanna know what ex agents become....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna know what ex agents become....

cabbies in Swindon!
    I was talking to the cabbie on my way back to clientco yesterday and it he told me he used to be a recruitment agent, he also told me he likes to wear the latest designer gear, but has to go to Reading to get it and he also mentioned his souped up motor that he's spent loads on for all the extras.

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

I hope you demanded to see his VAT certificate before you paid him.

Comment

Taken for a ride by rec cons, again.
      Will they never leave us alone ?

I heard that dodgy has sold his boat and bought a hearse

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I had a cabbie in North Wales who had been a member of the Royal Protection Squad (which was when he shagged Princess Di), was in the SAS and was a Police marksman. He was still on a special emergency call-up in case of anyone needing rescuing during a revolution.

He spent a few years driving prison vans and he used to beat up the really hard prisoners to sort them out because the prison officers did not know how to deal with them.

He used to drive InterCity 125s but was bored.

He now drives a minicab because it's a way to keep himself amused because he does not need to sleep.

I reckon he was bulltulipting about shagging Princess Di. It was probably just tips 'n' tops.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          cabbies in Swindon!
          I was talking to the cabbie on my way back to clientco yesterday and it he told me he used to be a recruitment agent, he also told me he likes to wear the latest designer gear, but has to go to Reading to get it and he also mentioned his souped up motor that he's spent loads on for all the extras.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Did I ever mention the time I flew my fighter jet back from Italy with a bowl of spaghetti balanced on my lap?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I don't know what they become, but I do know they entered recruitment when the bottom fell out of the second hand car market.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I do know they entered recruitment when the bottom fell out

Agents, I've shat 'em.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Agents, I've shat 'em.
                  Contractors I've shat on them

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Contractors I've shat on them

Yep, if you see a godlike agent, that's not rain.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X