• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cracked it at long last!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked it at long last!

Been away for a while... Been working on a website for a charity I'm closely connected to. Worked damned hard on it and considering computers and me are chalk and cheese, I'm really proud of it

Just thought I'd share it with you guys. I'm not looking for any technical critique or "it'd look better if" or you shouldn't have used frontpage, you should have used "squigglygeek v2" or some other techno jargon that I won't understand so won't bother reading. I doubt that'd stop you guys tho

Here it is in all it's glory...

www.solstrust.co.uk

If any of you would like to donate, that'd be great. If you don't, that'd be great too. The intention behind the site is that it's going to grow to help publicise the problems suffered by some children (not disabled, just different and in many ways blessed) and may develop a forum so that people close to these issues have a medium to discuss their problems and find solace and support.

However for now, I'm just happy to get it off the ground, and pleased with myself for learning some new skills (no matter how meagre).

Kudos to you guys for playing with computers all day long, it's really done my head in.

Give me a petrochemical plant about to go "critical" any day of the week.
    'elf and safety guru

Lord I thank ever day that I haven't had to face the challenges and ultimate heartbreak you had to endure.

But what do you hope the charity to achieve?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Well done that man!
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

Well done that man!
        I think it's a woman
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I think it's a woman
          Oops

Well done that woman!
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'd just like to say that as a fellow "non web designer", I really like how you've built the website. I agree with you in the way that I'm sure the likes of some on here could (if they were that cruel) rip it to shreds in it's technology and backend design but the way it looks to me is simple and to the point.

I wish you all the best for your charity and I'm sorry of your loss.

A great website of which I'm sure your proud, it does raise awareness and provokes humbling thoughts..

Chef
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
              Give me a petrochemical plant about to go "critical" any day of the week.
              I'll see what can be arranged

As for the web site: congratulations on a job well done

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                Here it is in all it's glory...

www.solstrust.co.uk
                That is a very nice site. Good luck with your endeavours.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  I I agree with you in the way that I'm sure the likes of some on here could (if they were that cruel) rip it to shreds in it's technology and backend design but the way it looks to me is simple and to the point.

Chef
                  Not cruel, just thoughtless, but you haven't put this in technical so I think you'll be safe..
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Looks good to me.
                    I think a lot of web designers out there need tips from YOU
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X