• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost, I bleedin well am

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost, I bleedin well am

Just watched the latest episode of the latest season and it still always ends with "WTF!".

After seeing off the last of Heroes last night these shows with storylines that make no sense or go anywhere are starting to irritate my chuff.

Off to watch 'What Katie Did Next', at least that's got a well defined story arc. Not to be confused with 'What Kate did' or 'What Kate does', you'll be Lost watching those.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

I haven't seen Lost but from the various comments I've seen around the web, I would assume that somebody said "Hey, let's make a show that gives the impression of having an underlying storyline, but in fact we just chuck any old random tulip in there and let those idiots read whatever they like into it! It worked for The Prisoner and nobody else has been cheeky enough to do it since then!"

I strongly suspect that the final series (or "season" if we must use the American term) will provide either no resolution whatsoever, or a resolution that is so incomplete as to offer no sense of closure to the avid viewer.

Still, I've never even seen it, so I'm not bothered

Comment

Jacob is some god bloke.

Locke / smoke monster is an anti-god bloke.

The passengers are all playthings of the gods.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

ok, I saw the first 2 series and it was just weird, I've just watched

Lost: Season 1-5, a summary in 8min 15 secs

and WTF??????? Time Travel, People are dead then not.. that's just ridiculous
        Last edited by chef; 12 February 2010, 08:33.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I gave up halfway through season 2..............
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If it's successful they'll make another series, until it's not successful.

P.s. looking forward to a new series of Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              P.s. looking forward to a new series of Breaking Bad.
              Oh yes! now that is a really good series
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Remind me, how did the polar bear end up there too?
                Global Warming.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

and how exactly, did Echo die ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How on Earth this series managed to stay on air for one whole series baffles me.

Biggest, most over hyped pile of steaming horse tulip ever to hit tv screens.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X