• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B News

Well it's been a long week, first filled with flu, and then today a diagnosis of mild bronchitis (Bloody flu leaving me a little present as my body finally starts winning...), but I have plan B news.

I'm now the official game server supplier for PC Format magazine

To top it all off, I've just put the new site design for http://www.lazeryattack.com live. I'm sure there are a few niggles here and there and I know it doesn't support IE6 yet, but I think it looks much better than the old one.

Feel free to snoop around and point out any bugs, and/or annoyances. All feedback gratefully received.

Comment

Second attempt at posting. Grr.

Congrats Ardesco
      I typed a longer post but it got lost so to summarise, you need to sort out our hyperlinks as they are inconsistent (e.g. the italicised links in the bottom section vs the links in the lower RH menu box).
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Good stuff!

I'm not getting into a code review of somebody else's markup at this time of night

Comment

congrats Ardesco and good luck

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Well done Ardesco.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well done that man!

Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                I'm now the official game server supplier for PC Format magazine
                Nice one.

Subscribed to that for a long time until recently then decided it was getting too games and 'modding' oriented - so guess its totally geared towards your target market.

Comment

Congratulations Ardesco.

Please I have to give feedback on the website:

1, I open the link and page opens and first thing I get an intrusive popup saying my browser is out of date - the popup will not close - the x in the corner to close it is not working

2, I am using my 'work' laptop, so there is no chance I will be upgrading my browser, so if I was a potential customer, with this first experience I would walk away from Ardesco Solutions as I cannot use their website, secondly it would make me wonder if I cannot use their website, if they cannot make their website compatible with IE6 then are their pc solutions gonna be as good as they say

3, The formating of the website in IE6 is all over the place, a real mess

This is intended as useful feedback so that others do not have the same experience I had

All the best with the plan b congrats for getting official supplier for these pc's

Milan.

Comment

Congratulations on the deal!

The more folk here have successful Plan Bs, the more chance I'll have of selling my Big Issues..
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X