• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another failure of the state and our society

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another failure of the state and our society

"A series of agencies failed to spot signs which might have prevented a couple leaving their five children to starve in squalor, a report has found."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/4546736.stm

So while we are pumping money into the public sector, this is our return. When will we come to our senses and realise the state is simply incapable and incompetent and full of people who simply don't care.

"We encourage members of the public to talk to us if they have any concerns about the safety of a child."

Indeed, were where the Great British Public? Were where the neighbours, the extended family, couldn't they smell the pi*s and sh*t from the house?

I saw on the news that a Sheffield Council spokesperson (from their Primary care unit) said that their workers involved in this situation had been disciplined.

How come not fired?

I am beginning to think that "primary care", "social services" etc.-type professions are more about self-serving careers than actually caring about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman
      I saw on the news that a Sheffield Council spokesperson (from their Primary care unit) said that their workers involved in this situation had been disciplined.

How come not fired?
      I'm not up to speed with this. What did they do or not do to deserve getting fired?

Comment

I would say that working in this profession is a pretty thankless task. You will only ever get noticed when something goes pear shaped.

My mother in law fosters kids who have been taken into care. The one before the current kid was taken into care after she was sexually abused by her mums boyfiend at the age of 3, while in bed with her mum. Her mum still denies it went on. She was regularly tied in bed so that they could go out and get pissed. She was passed from forster parent to foster parent as her behaviour was too bad to handle and also because she would often touch the males in the house in an inappropriate way as that was the way she was brought up.

The current one lived in a bare room (locked in)with just a matress on the floor, before her and her brother and sister were taken into care. They had no toilet facilities and did it where they wanted to. She shows no emotion whatsoever. She will wolf down any food/sweets as it may be the only time she gets them. The first time she had a shower/bath at my mother in laws, she used half a bottle of shampoo becuase she didn't know how much she was supposed to use.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          I would say that working in this profession is a pretty thankless task. You will only ever get noticed when something goes pear shaped.

My mother in law fosters kids who have been taken into care. The one before the current kid was taken into care after she was sexually abused by her mums boyfiend at the age of 3, while in bed with her mum. Her mum still denies it went on. She was regularly tied in bed so that they could go out and get pissed. She was passed from forster parent to foster parent as her behaviour was too bad to handle and also because she would often touch the males in the house in an inappropriate way as that was the way she was brought up.

The current one lived in a bare room (locked in)with just a matress on the floor, before her and her brother and sister were taken into care. They had no toilet facilities and did it where they wanted to. She shows no emotion whatsoever. She will wolf down any food/sweets as it may be the only time she gets them. The first time she had a shower/bath at my mother in laws, she used half a bottle of shampoo becuase she didn't know how much she was supposed to use.
          Sad sad story , being involved in child welfare is a bit of a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.
          As an aside always seems to be though, those who shouldn't have children are the most fertile.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            As an aside always seems to be though, those who shouldn't have children are the most fertile.
            Not "always" Bagpuss. Be careful not to generalise.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              Sad sad story , being involved in child welfare is a bit of a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.
              Because they spent the cost of the condoms on drugs or booze?

Comment

Because they spent the cost of the condoms on drugs or booze?
                No, it's because they just shag and get on with it, instead of seeing children as little projects, to be planned for, costed and scheduled somewhere into their lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                X