• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ArsenalTV Online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ArsenalTV Online

Anyone here responsible for http://tv.arsenal.com/?

A client is complaining it worked all the way up to the whistle, then froze. Woke up again at half time, then froze again when the game restarted.

They are not a happy bunny.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Probably because Arsenal TV don't have the rights to show live games on the web in the country where your client resides?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Probably because Arsenal TV don't have the rights to show live games on the web in the country where your client resides?
      That's a real pain in the arse(nal) that. It happens on the radio also. I know there are proxys out there that you can use to trick the website that you are in the UK but I've never managed to track a reliable one down.

Out of interest, is it possible to use my PC at home as some kind of proxy to allow me to listen to UK radio broadcasts when the games are on? Not too bothered about the ones shown on sky as I can use my slingbox for them
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        That's a real pain in the arse(nal) that. It happens on the radio also. I know there are proxys out there that you can use to trick the website that you are in the UK but I've never managed to track a reliable one down.

Out of interest, is it possible to use my PC at home as some kind of proxy to allow me to listen to UK radio broadcasts when the games are on? Not too bothered about the ones shown on sky as I can use my slingbox for them
        You can use your Slingbox for all the radio channels on Sky too
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

That's a real pain in the arse(nal) that.
          I see what you've done there.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            You can use your Slingbox for all the radio channels on Sky too
            But that would involve turning the Sky onto the radio channels at home which isn't an option as the other half does not want to listen to the game and would prefer watching the TV.

There must be a way of using my desktop at home for this
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

But that would involve turning the Sky onto the radio channels at home which isn't an option as the other half does not want to listen to the game and would prefer watching the TV.

There must be a way of using my desktop at home for this
              You slingbox has a built in digital tuner which is capable of receiving the radio broadcasts through freeview
              (at least, mine does)
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You slingbox has a built in digital tuner which is capable of receiving the radio broadcasts through freeview
                (at least, mine does)
                The freeview tuner does not do the radio stations on freeview. I use the freeview part of it so I don't have to watch my wifes choice of TV i.e. soap and lots of it. Plus the radio station I want to listen to is not on freeview

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The freeview tuner does not do the radio stations on freeview. I use the freeview part of it so I don't have to watch my wifes choice of TV i.e. soap and lots of it. Plus the radio station I want to listen to is not on freeview
                  Shame.

Comment

Shame.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X