• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob wants more high skilled immigrants allowed ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob wants more high skilled immigrants allowed ....

... into India.

Bloomberg: India’s Visa Rules ‘Out of Line’ for Companies Seeking Expats

Fracking cracked me up.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Infosys has about 20 foreign workers
    Out of 104,000...

Comment

India are importing cheap labour from abroad taking the jobs from the locals. Now there is irony for you...

The Ministry of Labour and Employment said foreign nationals cannot total more than 1 percent of a workforce, with between five and 20 allowed on a project.
      Favoring Indians

The government said Nov. 25 that employment visas would only be granted to professionals including technical experts, senior executives and managers. The visas “will not be granted for jobs for which a large number of qualified Indians are available,” M. Ramachandran, a Home Affairs junior minister, said in a written statement to parliament.
      Is it just me but this really pisses me off no end, it's not enough people are abusing visa rules for abusing Tier 1 visas (see posts earlier this week)

Getting fed up with this whole situation but doubt anything will change.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 12 February 2010, 12:40.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Form the article:

Matthew Barney, 40, left Wisconsin a year ago and moved his family near Bangalore to become head of leadership development for Infosys.

“Indian culture today is similar to the original cultural values that drove the U.S.,” said Barney, whose wife is Indian. “Both value hard work and sacrifice today for the next generation to have a better standard of living.”

That's the real issue why the UK is doomed. Instant gratification is all that matters.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          That's the real issue why the UK is doomed. Instant gratification is all that matters.
          I agree.

I think a good start would be to add at least 10 minutes delay to each post on here before it appears: remove instant gratification I say!

Comment

"is a professional web and software development company that successfully operates at the IT-market since 2001. We have hired a highly skillful outsourcing developers' team in Ukraine "

Just got this through ... even more competition!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I wouldn't call waiting three minutes for a Pot Noodle instant mate...

Comment

Working...
              X