• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Browns daughter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Browns daughter

It must be awful to lose a child and I would not wish it on anyone but...

Is there no depth this twunt won't sink to?? Recounting his 10 day old daughters death which happened 8 years ago in order to appeal to the stupid bleeding heart public is as low as it gets, just a week after we saw Alastair Campbell 'visibly upset' on live TV.

If Cameron tries to trump him with his own personal tradgedy I will explode in fit of rage.

...Or am I being a bit harsh?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    ...Or am I being a bit harsh?
    Not at all, it's a private matter. Very cynical to exploit it for political gain if that's what's happening.

Comment

Dave beaten him to it with the death of his eldest son last year.

Only he did it with more dignity and less political spin...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think given the general impossibilty of a public figure having a private life in modern britain they both had little choice. And they both have my deepest sympathy.

I won't vote for either of them though.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Dave beaten him to it with the death of his eldest son last year.

Only he did it with more dignity and less political spin...
          IIRC Daves son died and was broadcast in the press.. Dave then did a couple of interviews and said (fairly politely) thanks for your good wishes now please 'koff and leave us alone..... and for all of his sons life he kept very quiet about it and AFAIK never tried for the sympathy vote......

Gordon acted in a fairly similar matter when he had his misfortune and (IMHO) appeared a bit more human than he ever had.....

I would really like to think that Gord couldn't/wouldn't cynically agree/request to the latest interview in order to gain sympathy/political advantage just before a General Election..... I really would LIKE to think that.... however

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            I would really like to think that Gord couldn't/wouldn't cynically agree/request to the latest interview in order to gain sympathy/political advantage just before a General Election..... I really would LIKE to think that.... however
            He had always steadfastly refused to talk about it in any interview or public statement, in all the years since.

Until now.

I wonder why?

Comment

He's also admitted the truth behind the whole leadership malarkey as well.

Desperate times..........
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's only a matter of time before he comes clean about the bobble eye, the stupid breathing and the mathematical dyslexia.

The fixed grin, lack of persona and inability to engage.

The sucking up to Obama, lack of funding the war, bottling every major decision

etc

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I wonder why?
                  Because he's a ******* twat.

Unfortunately those same muppets that lap up Britains got talent and the other tulipe will fall for it.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Actually, when I saw the thread title, the first thing I thought of was a film title. And I wondered what the plot would be.

Comment

Working...
                    X