• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop Insurance

Hi,

I've bought myself a nice MacBook Pro for work and home. I plan to take it with me when I'm working away during the week but I'm concerned about it being stolen or damage. Has anyone any knowledge of insurance cover for laptops.

Thanks

Steve
    When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

Put it under Home Contents all personal processions taken away from home section.

Just make sure you have enough cover for everything you have on your person like mobile phone, handbag and contents if you are woman etc.

If you remember to read the small print quite a few normal insurers i.e. Barclays, Post Office will insure a certain amount of work equipment.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you buy it as a business then check your home contents insurance carefully.

Comment

Some contractor Public & Employers Liability packages cover business equipment upto £5k - check your policy you may already be covered

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I contacted my home insurance company and they actually cover the laptop. I told them it might be in the house, a hotel, a car ..... and they said it was covered as long as it wasn't worth more than £2000 I bought the laptop using my personal credit card not the company card.

Comment

Originally posted by swebb View Post
            I bought the laptop using my personal credit card not the company card.
            Gosh, why not use company money if you're going to use the machine for work?

If only some MP's were as honourable as you sir.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Google LSG. lloyds TSB mobile/laptop insurance, three USB/Laptop insurance
              Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 21 February 2010, 23:45.

Comment

I've billed the company but I always have the receipt under my own personal receipt if needed

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                  Some contractor Public & Employers Liability packages cover business equipment upto £5k - check your policy you may already be covered
                  Yes, I am covered like that.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                  X