• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG full page ad in the Times today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG full page ad in the Times today

Hmmmm. Sitting here in my eco-space office, sipping a rather fine single malt (Talisker since you ask), I just noticed PCG have a full page ad in the Times lauding the achievement of the 1.4 million freelancers in the UK.

The big black heading says:

"What the British economy needs is qualitative easing"
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I though you were bulltulipting there, but yes, having checked mine it's in the back.

Seriously, WTF is that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I though you were bulltulipting there, but yes, having checked mine it's in the back.

Seriously, WTF is that all about?
      Sminki

Sorry, but my opinion of the PCG is very, very low.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It is a terrible campaign, it neither sells or informs. (I used to work in advertising, ohh the shame)

I think the object is to push a guide to hiring freelancers but that is on the last line and most people would have been off the page by then.

It looks like they got a mate to do it.

Comment

Don't worry about it. They're just getting their rocks off by pissing the members' fees against the wall. As usual.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Hmmmm. Sitting here in my eco-space office, sipping a rather fine single malt (Talisker since you ask), I just noticed PCG have a full page ad in the Times lauding the achievement of the 1.4 million freelancers in the UK.

The big black heading says:

"What the British economy needs is qualitative easing"

Oops, Friday. I will take a look.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Hmmmm. Sitting here in my eco-space office, sipping a rather fine single malt (Talisker since you ask)
              Ah yes!!!!! Talisker, a lovely drop if you like the Island malts. Actually visited there whilst on honeymoon many moons ago. Also made it to the Tamdhu distillery a few days later. You can say what you like about the weather in the highlands being iffy, but there is still plenty to do.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Shocked and saddened by the waste of money on that ad.

1. There is more talent on this forum than at the agency who wrote the ad.
                2. It is obvious that the agency did not understand the requirements of the PCG.
                3. In PR speak, this type of ad is know as “greenmail”; that is an ad published by large multinationals who what to get a message over to their investors on how good a job the board of directors are doing.
                3. The advert is on the wrong page, a quarter page advert on the right hand side is more effective than a full page on the left.
                4. The ad does not put forward a case.
                5. The advert is incomprehensible to anyone outside the industry.

If the PCG want to do this again, please pm me or anyone else on the forum so that that they can get a proper ad that communicates their message to the public.
                Last edited by Paddy; 13 February 2010, 16:55. Reason: Typo in draft post
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  If the PCG want to do this again, please pm me or anyone else on the forum so that that they can get a proper ad that communications their message to the public.
                  Dear PCG, I wish to disassociate myself with this invitation.

You are fundamentally flawed and have betrayed us all. You have neglected your duty of representing freelancers and performing a role that defends us against an overtly hostile government.

Others may wish to support you, or they may believe that you can be reformed in some way. I think that is a delusion and you are irredeemable; please FOAD.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Ah yes!!!!! Talisker, a lovely drop if you like the Island malts. Actually visited there whilst on honeymoon many moons ago. Also made it to the Tamdhu distillery a few days later. You can say what you like about the weather in the highlands being iffy, but there is still plenty to do.
                    I'm a fan of most single malts although my knowledge of Scotland is hazy Current favourite is Highland Park 21 year old.
                    Recently I've been branching out and both the Japanese and Indians (yes really!) make great single malts.
                    I'm also developing a taste for the better bourbons.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X