• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RyanAir Or EasyJet From Luton Airport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RyanAir Or EasyJet From Luton Airport

I ve not been with Ryan air before but Easyjet seem to be ok from Luton.

What do people on here generally prefer or are they both as bad as each other?

easyjet over ryanair every time.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      Ryanair over Easyjet every time, I found Easyjet to by rather expensive. Easyjet has lied to me about their schedule.
      Easyjet has lied to me about the to take off time costing me a days work when the only reason I took the flight (that cost more than BA) as because of the time.
      Easyjet got times wrong on the ticket and blamed me for putting the wrong times when I booked on the Internet but in fact I booked it at the check-in desk at Gatwick.
      Easyjet cancelled to flights after I had paid and I still have not been refunded.
      On one fight from Amsterdam to Luton the first officer f’d up the landing badly.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What's your destination?
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Easyjet every time. You pay a little bit more but it's a better service.

I guess it's all in the fine details. When you do speedy boarding on Easyjet you get your own check in / baggage drop queue. Even when you don't do speedy boarding, at least Easyjet have a dedicated queue for each flight (at Bristol & Alicante at least). With Ryan Air I've often found you're in the same shared queue for ALL their flights.

Then there are the small things like when a flight isn't completely full on Ryan Air, they restrict use of the front and rear seats and bunch you all up in the middle, so never a chance of getting an empty seat next to you. I guess they do this for a quicker turn around time as their are less seats to clean up. For the same reason, they also have no seat pockets for you to put your bits and pieces in - so when you land make sure you'e got hold of all your possessions otherwise they'll go flying down the middle of the cabin when he hits the brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            WHS

But Luton is a pain.

You cannot drive up to the airport without paying for it. Yes that's right picking up and dropping off costs money.

If you're hiring a car expect 45 minutes to 1 hour after you arrive before you drive off. A bus outside the airport (after a 20 minute wait) takes you and the rest of the aircraft to the car hire centre a couple of miles away. Then the largest queue you've ever seen is served by one possibly two individuals who barely have a grasp of the English language.

Luton airport is a tragic airport to use if you're a regular.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I tend to get the train as it is a lot easier and less time consuming.

I've used Ryanair and Easyjet both from Luton going to Various destinations and it is much of a muchness, but I found Easyjet better going out of Luton.

If you are going to Ireland, see if you can use Aer Arann, much better service, a tad pricier, but better.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
                I ve not been with Ryan air before but Easyjet seem to be ok from Luton.

What do people on here generally prefer or are they both as bad as each other?
                Joey, you ever been in a cockpit before?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  On one fight from Amsterdam to Luton the first officer f’d up the landing badly.
                  Any landing you can walk away from is a good one, but if you're walking you probably broke the airplane

Ryanair is probably better if you are Jonah Lomu and trying to get the best seats in the compulsary "100 metres scrum, women and children last" boarding experience.

Never again.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I hate Luton. And Heathrow. Unfortunately I live near Luton, with Heathrow a much more time-consuming and expensive alternative. I hate it.

I'd travel by other means but I'm caught between Scylla and Charybdis (a rock and a hard place, if you prefer): can't arrive later or clients don't like it, can't leave late or I'm cutting into my already minimal personal life.

I might just retire penniless now, it can't be worse than commuting from Luton every week just to make a living.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X