• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euston to Paddington...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euston to Paddington...

around 9ish on a Monday morning, I hate the tube and am considering just getting a taxi over there. Will I just sit in traffic for an hour or is it a reasonable journey at that time of day?
    Advice from fellow travelers please
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    around 9ish on a Monday morning, I hate the tube and am considering just getting a taxi over there. Will I just sit in traffic for an hour or is it a reasonable journey at that time of day?
    Advice from fellow travelers please
    Get the tube, it's only 5 stops and at 9 it's not that bad.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

205 bus is about 30 mins. Tube I'd go to Euston Square but I doubt it is quicker than the bus.

Comment

Where do you come from? If you can get the train that runs through Aylesbury, Wendover and Amersham, you can walk it from Marylebone in 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          205 bus is about 30 mins. Tube I'd go to Euston Square but I doubt it is quicker than the bus.
          That time of the morning it's a lot quicker from Euston Sq, it gets a tad busy traffic wise.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Where do you come from? If you can get the train that runs through Aylesbury, Wendover and Amersham, you can walk it from Marylebone in 10 minutes.
            The North - I will have just got off a train from Manchester. I'm not looking to save money I'm just fed up of struggling with a bag, laptop and suitcase (on wheels). I would go to Euston Sq tube and get off at Paddington, but I was wondering if a taxi would be less hassle (although more expensive). However if the traffic at that time of day is really bad, then I will stick to the tube

On a map they don't look to far apart.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              The North - I will have just got off a train from Manchester. I'm not looking to save money I'm just fed up of struggling with a bag, laptop and suitcase (on wheels). I would go to Euston Sq tube and get off at Paddington, but I was wondering if a taxi would be less hassle (although more expensive). However if the traffic at that time of day is really bad, then I will stick to the tube

On a map they don't look to far apart.
              OK. I used to use the tube from Euston Square at about that time and it was still fairly busy. That's one of the reasons I switched to using Marylebone.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                That's one of the reasons I switched to using Marylebone.
                And it's also a lot cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  And it's also a lot cheaper?
                  Indeed it is. It would cost me 40% more to use Euston.

The third reason I changed is the unreliability of the underground to get me back to Euston on time for my train in the evening. My 15 minute walk back to Marylebone is totally reliable, not crowded, and free.

Comment

I switched to new Virgin fast trains that go from Brum to Euston in 1 hour 20 mins, reliable and punctual. Costs maybe £20 more (for offpeak), but it's well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X