• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What percentage of advertised jobs exist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What percentage of advertised jobs exist?

Any ideas?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

You'll need to be more specific: exist in this Universe or in others? And how do you define "existance" anyway?

Comment

27.458914 %

Roughly.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

0%?

Comment

% of advertised jobs that exist = pi

HTH

Comment

Many of the jobs do exist, at some point. For example, I've been contacted by agents regarding a specific roles before its been advertised on jobswerve (who hasnt?).

4 or 5 days later, the job is on jobswerve by the same agent who has contacted me. Is that job real or not?

The real question is, is the job opportunity still there when the role appears on js?

I'd say 50% of roles advertised on jobswerve, agents have submitted their 3 candidates to the client. Of the other 50%, I'd say 15 - 20% are other agents who arent on the PSL for those roles doing a fishing exercise.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

They all have the potentiality to exist, but the probability that any one of them will go from potentially or really existing varies. For the vast majority of cases that probability is vanishingly small.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

They exist and they don't exist, until you apply. Then the causality wave collapses and you f*** it up for everyone.

HTH
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's a quantum effect: for as long as you don't submit your CV, the advertised gig exists in a superposition of states, both existing and not existing. At the moment the CV is submitted, it collapses into one specific state. So what you're really looking for is the probability of any given advertised gig collapsing into a state of existence.

This message brought to you by Schrödinger Recruitment LLP

Edit: Ah, RC had the same idea...

Comment

It is quite variable depending totally on the agency & agent.

Some agents and agencies only ever advertise fake jobs.

A small number of agents only ever advertise real jobs.

Some agents have real jobs but never advertise them themselves.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X