• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Exotic Meat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Exotic Meat?

As someone posted a thread about Venison. What are the most exotic meat/fishes dishes you have tried.

I have tried Swordfish, Whale, Kangaroo, Ostrich, Alligator and Swan.

Any others here?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Beaver (please don't snigger), lynx, alligator, camel, bear, reindeer, crickets, gusonao rojo, horse, donkey.

Hare and sundry game I consider par for the course
    Last edited by norrahe; 14 February 2010, 22:44.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Kebab van kebab.

Cat curry.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        As someone posted a thread about Venison. What are the most exotic meat/fishes dishes you have tried.

I have tried Swordfish, Whale, Kangaroo, Ostrich, Alligator and Swan.

Any others here?
        Precedent has been set. I fail to see why this should not be moved to light relief.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I dread to think what HAB's reply is going to be...
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
            The problem is that, because of stringent food regulations, most game is farmed. The difference in taste between farmed and wild game is staggering.
            Not the stuff I get, I ask they shoot it, all they do is skin and gut it for me. I do the rest.

The joys of living in the sticks
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've had guinea pig and piranha and they were both unexciting.

Swordfish, hare, kangaroo and horse are hardly exotic are they? Though some people have thought it odd that I eat goat or that my grandparents keep rabbits and ducks for food rather than as pets.

Comment

Don't eat cats and especially squirrels you bartenders!

Comment

Sliced liver of human with some fava beans and a nice chianti, yom yom yom.

Comment

I tried a swordfish steak once in Amsterdam - that was before I knew that they are usually thoroughly infested with the same kinds of nematode worms as dogfish (and yes, the worms are in the muscle too)

I think it was also in Amsterdam that I tried ostrich - quite dark meat, and very tasty

I've had kangaroo sausages in my favourite London pub on more than one occasion.

I tried to remember if I'd had alligator, but then remembered I hadn't; I used to work for some chaps who had a restaurant that served it, but I never got the opportunity to sample it myself.

I'm not allowed to talk about whale. Her Majesty doesn't want it to be widely known that I regularly drop in for a Fish Royal sarnie. Same thing with swan

Comment

Working...
                    X