• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never ending boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never ending boom

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...stay-away.html

The jump seen during the four weeks to February 6 was the biggest increase in asking prices for homes in England and Wales since April 2007, according to property website Rightmove.

What ******* recession?

I know - just cashed in myself - BOOMED!!
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You should see prices in London - rocketing!
      Mega-boomed !!!
      I'll be a multi-millionaire soon.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's a bit of a funny time at the moment.

Historically, winter is not a time to be buying houses, yet millions of people are looking (according to the Rightmove stats).

The market is still being controlled by the lack of supply (at least round our way) - whether that will change with the usual "spring rush" of properties on the market is yet to be seen.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's a trap.

A big bear trap.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
            It's a trap.

A big bear trap.
            I hope it gets sprung by May.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Round my way first time buyer properties are just not moving, even when competitively priced. You know what they say about when first time buyers cant get on the ladder.

Jobs, stock market, house prices, I'm bearish on the latter more than either of the other two

I don;t care what the press say, round my way first time buyer properties are still down just under 25-30% from their peak. Given the rises I keep hearing about I would have thought the market was back up to the peak again by now

Comment

Colleagues at my client in London who are trying to buy say that there is very little going on the market. People aren't selling, so that will push prices up.

Comment

Working...
                X