• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS hours of work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS hours of work

Does anyone know the hours of work expected for project support contractors in RBS in the Gyle?

Are they flexible re half 8 starts instead of 9?

Cheers

Originally posted by rollonfriday View Post
    Does anyone know the hours of work expected for project support contractors in RBS in the Gyle?

Cheers
    When I did some work in Dundas Street, I started early, and finished early, as long as I did the hours. You may want to ask your Project Leader the question on hours, especially if you are expected to be involved in meetings. You may be expected to work longer hours than what your contract states.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Why do people ask such stupid questions on a forum?

Ask the bleedin' client. I always ask at interview how flexible they are. I wouldnt put any weight on what someone on a forum told me about when they last worked with said client.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

You are providing a service and cannot be tied to their times else may have an issue with IR35. Tell them what you want to work and see what they say, if it doesn't suit you negotiate.

Ok they all like us to be there 9 to 5 with the permies but you don't have to do this and are better to try avoid this expectation.

Go get your own times.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Sad as it may sound, Bbcause they can, and they don't know any better.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Ask the bleedin' client. I always ask at interview how flexible they are. I wouldnt put any weight on what someone on a forum told me about when they last worked with said client.
          Personally, I would be happy to work extra hours if I felt the work justified it.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Cheers
            What a bizarre question.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              What a bizarre question.
              That's one way of putting it.

Comment

Cheers
                As other's have said: check with the client.

I will only work for Central London clients if they offer flexible hours. Many banks won't - I turned down BarCap for my current role as they wouldn't budge on 9-5:30. Current client has been OK, though.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Cheers
                  Interesting question, Rollonfriday, it's one that will surely keep me awake for the next few nights.

I too am going for a contract position at RBS. What I want to know is, do their vend machines sell chunky kit-kats or just the normal ones?

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                    Interesting question, Rollonfriday, it's one that will surely keep me awake for the next few nights.

I too am going for a contract position at RBS. What I want to know is, do their vend machines sell chunky kit-kats or just the normal ones?
                    Yes... but you have to buy 3 to get one free.

Comment

Working...
                    X