• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract- Europe.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract- Europe.

I have been offered a new contract in the new year located in Europe. I currently am contracting using the services of a umbrella company.

This contract may go on for 3 yrs,(initially 120 days) my limited company have adivse that they can provide the same services even when working in Europe, but mentions something about getting an exemption certificate.

This is a good daily rate and would appriecate any advice on this forum can offer. I have checked CUK overseas area, would I be better using a managed services company or stick with my umbrella company?

Advice much appreciated,
    merry xmas all

What makes you think you’re going to get a different answer to the last time you asked?

(Which was)...

“WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU GOING TO BE WORKING IN?”

Comment

Sorry, POLAND

Comment

If the contract is only 6 months or less that's no problem, otherwise you'll be liable for tax.

Some people do this (work for longer than 6 months) and get away with it, others get caught. It can be expensive; for example they may just hit you with a VAT bill.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Poland is nice with Warsaw especially pretty. Don't get annoyed with all the road works and everything, just smile that inner smile knowing the taxes you hand over in the UK are paying for that lovely new metro system.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X