• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The funniest TV moment of the weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funniest TV moment of the weekend

Was on Antiques Roadshow, of all places.

Some chap had brought a picture of picturesque peasant children at a well and was quite proud of it.

The expert proceeded to explain to him that someone in the 19th century with pretensions of grandeur had stopped off at Naples and had bought it as a souvenir, and that these pictures were just rolled off the line in a mass-market fashion.

Seeing the chap's downcast face the expert tried to repair the damage by then saying:

"That sounds as if I was rude about it. But for Tawdry Tourist Tat, this is as good as it gets!"

I choked on my tea and was crying for the next 5 minutes...

TV gold...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Yes, but how much was it worth???
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Cue Jethro joke

‘Jethro’s friend Denzil Penberthy comes to him one day and ‘e says, ‘Jethro’. ‘Jethro’ ‘e says, ‘Wha’s this I hear about an Antiques Roadshow? Wha’s Antiques Roadshow?’

So Jethro turns to Denzil and ‘e says’, ‘It’s like this, Denzil. It’s like this, Denzil’, ‘e says. ‘What you do is this. What you do is that you take along to the Antiques Roadshow something from your house tha’s old and what you do is you say to them,’What I want to know is: what it is and how much it’s worth’.

Denzil Penberthy knew that the Antiques Roadshow was coming to Truro, so Denzil gets ready for the visit. Denzil goes to Truro and ‘e lines up with everbody else, except Denzil has the biggest bloody package that anyone on the Antiques Roadshow has ever seen.

Denzil pushes and pants and ‘e gets this bloody great parcel up on the table and e’ looks at the man from the Antiques Roadshow and ‘e says to him, ‘You see this thing ‘ere. You see this thing ‘ere. This thing ‘ere has been in my family for generations and for as long as I can remember it’s been up in the attic. What I wants to know is what it is an’ ‘ow much it’s worth’.

The man from the Antiques Roadshow looks at the table and ‘e looks at Denzil Penberthy and ‘e says, ‘Well I can tell ‘e. I’ll tell ‘e what it is. It’s a hot water tank’.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Yes, but how much was it worth???
        £3k!

Comment

Also a laugh out loud moment was Top Gear last night - I think it was an old one though... watching them trying to get the ski slope ready for the mini to be rocket propelled down it was hilarious... I was crying laughing.

Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Also a laugh out loud moment was Top Gear last night - I think it was an old one though... watching them trying to get the ski slope ready for the mini to be rocket propelled down it was hilarious... I was crying laughing.

Funniest bit was when they told Hammond he had built the stop barrier at the bottom of the wrong slope.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Funniest bit was when they told Hammond he had built the stop barrier at the bottom of the wrong slope.
              It was the best.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                "We're at the cutting edge of cocking about."

Classic TV for sure.

Although the Robin Reliant Space Shuttle was truly impressive. Put enough rocket up anything and you can make it fly.

Rather reminded me of the General Electric Lightning.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  "We're at the cutting edge of cocking about."

Classic TV for sure.

Although the Robin Reliant Space Shuttle was truly impressive. Put enough rocket up anything and you can make it fly.

Rather reminded me of the General Electric Lightning.
                  Now, I'm in the air, where can I refuel?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Now, I'm in the air, where can I refuel?
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X