• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Nokia sacking people?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Nokia sacking people?

Or is it a tulip place to work?

I'm seeing quite a few CVs from testers at Nokia UK.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Were they staffers or contractors?

When I was at Nokia we took on a shed-load of contractors for our testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Were they staffers or contractors?

When I was at Nokia we took on a shed-load of contractors for our testing.
      staffers, wanting to be permies here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

AIUI, it can be a very monotonous place to work, you have to be very lucky to get any career progression.

tim

Comment

And let me guess - you are not particularly happy to see these CVs?

Comment

Telecommunications seems to have taken a hit big time and people are bailing out before the fit hits the shan.

The career progression is minimal with many moving sideways rather than upwards and the threat of moving workstreams to Eastern Europe is ever prevalent.

I know this is the case with T-mobile, so I'm sure there has been some knock on effect across the industry.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nokia realizing that they can not compete on technology (iphone, Google etc) or price (HTC etc).

They also made a huge mistake of moving one of their key R&D processes to Arad in Romania a few years ago to save money, and no surprises the unit is not delivering. In the mean time many of their top innovators jumped ship and are now working for competitors.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                And let me guess - you are not particularly happy to see these CVs?
                No, I'm quite pleased; one or two useful testers. They don't seem to be very communicative though; good CVs, crap at interviews.

Comment

Working...
                X