• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wunch of bankers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wunch of bankers

Just cancelled my Barclaycard. Not at all happy with Mrs Rajiv's handling of my account. Going to use Nationwide instead. They have UK call centres.

I have had a Barclaycard since 1973 - before the Visa system. But even the most loyal customer can be driven away if you try hard enough.

You crazy muttha......

I've just done exactly the same thing, told them I wasn't happy
    with the possibility of my details being sold in internet cafes in Bombay.
    They had the front to tell me it was a UK centre, however I did ask
    the guy at the time what the weather was like, and he mentioned 32 degrees.
    Must have been one of those Indian summer nights we get in October!!!
    Closed the account, told them to sod off. Been with them for 9 years

Comment

It's Burglaycard I didn't like.

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
      You crazy muttha......

I've just done exactly the same thing, told them I wasn't happy
      with the possibility of my details being sold in internet cafes in Bombay.
      They had the front to tell me it was a UK centre, however I did ask
      the guy at the time what the weather was like, and he mentioned 32 degrees.
      Must have been one of those Indian summer nights we get in October!!!
      Closed the account, told them to sod off. Been with them for 9 years
      Mrs Rajiv may well be in the UK, and the fact that she (or her husband) is probably Indian is not a factor for me.

The feeling that I was being treated like Joe in off the street and not a customer of 32 years good standing (and profit) is the reason I left. And I am sure that's Barclaycard more than it's India.

Comment

It's much easier to do without it since it stopped being a cheque guarantee card as well as a credit card.

I've had mine since 1973 too.

I've still got one of those punched card statement things they used to use.

(This house is going to fall down with all the accumulated junk... I'm the reincarnation of Mr Trebus ).

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          Going to use Nationwide instead.
          Nationwide Credit Card Services are crap (they're a seperate outfit from the high street bank.) The may have proper UK call centres but they still get everything the wrong way round.

Go with Egg.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

nah - do it the contractor way. Carry your cash in a wheelbarrow...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Just cancelled my Barclaycard. Not at all happy with Mrs Rajiv's handling of my account. Going to use Nationwide instead. They have UK call centres.

I have had a Barclaycard since 1973 - before the Visa system. But even the most loyal customer can be driven away if you try hard enough.
              I moved from Nat West to Nationwide. I got sick of the arrogant big bank attitude from Nat West, and lots of mistakes. Nationwide seem much better. And they have lots of branches and good interest rates on their savings and internet accounts.

Fungus.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
                Go with Egg.
                I'll second that...

Comment

I thought it was "Go to work on an Egg"...

Oh, sorry, wrong millennium, century, and decade...

Comment

Virgin.

0% for the last five years, very pleasant Scottish or Norfolk girls on the phone, and no problems at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X