• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Equality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equality

I work with two Islamic fundamentalists who go to the local mosque for four hours every Friday. I am not saying that they don't got to the mosque at all, but I know for a fact they go to the local boozer for a couple of jars after they've been.

I told my boss I was converting to Islam and will need four hours off work every Friday. He said ok, but if he catches me anywhere other than the local mosque, or walking to and/or from it, during those four hours I'd be sacked.

Not right that. Where is the equality?

I don't think "fundamentalists" is the right word

Comment

I know they go to the pub for at least two hours so they can only be at the fundamentalist level.

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post
        I know they go to the pub for at least two hours
        And you have a problem with that?

Comment

yes, when they get four hours 'Islam Time' each Friday while I'm grafting me balls off.

Comment

yes, when they get four hours 'Islam Time' each Friday while I'm grafting me balls off.
            Are you a permie? Why would in any way their behavior bother you - do a good job, invoice and get paid, and stop being jealous little ************.

Comment

still dedicating your rusky little life to creating that SuperKillerApp? (AKA Notepad +)

Comment

still dedicating your rusky little life to creating that SuperKillerApp? (AKA Notepad +)
                Naturally. Why?

Comment

Last time I spoke to you the SKA was in year 9 of developement and you'd managed to get the BOLD button working.

Comment

Last time I spoke to you the SKA was in year 9 of developement and you'd managed to get the BOLD button working.
                    Indeed, Insha'Allah I'll get italics working soon...

Comment

Working...
                    X