• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You land on your feet and then....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You land on your feet and then....

B*gger, you land on your feet and then the rug gets pulled. Landed a nice, local contract, five weeks in and then, whoosh, client we're developing for goes into administration, owing software house 300K, and then bye bye contractors, ah well bench time again and start looking. 20 Permies at risk too, given official letters today, twice now, maybe I'm jinxed, ummmm....

The same happened to me but I only managed to get 2 weeks.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You know the drill...loot the stationary cupboard, & if it ain't nailed down then it's yours

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Oh... and if you can do the receptionist over the photocopier
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          No receptionist, but a very nice Senior Tester (excuse the pun)

Comment

Hard luck mate. That happened to me a couple of years back. Hopefully things have picked up a bit so I'm sure you'll get something soon.

Comment

Thanks all, I let the Agency know and first thing they said, send an updated CV to us, include Company A on CV as they are Microsoft Gold Partner / Regional etc and they only recruit "talented individuals" etc. Blah, blah... But all credit, from interview stage until this day, I will praise them, Bl**dy good Agency, hopefully they will sort me out with next role.

Comment

You know the drill...loot the stationary cupboard, & if it ain't nailed down then it's yours

HTH
                Permies get first dibs.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yep. Done that with her many times. but not on the photocopier. First back at my hotel, then my rented gaff then finally her gaff.

Aaah those were the days. Lovely woman too!
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Happened to me in october. Dutch bank (DSB) went bust, agent went bust and left me more than 30.000 euros out of pocket. Still picking up the pieces and have to pay the tax man. Still, just think of the song 'I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never going to keep me down'.

Best of luck.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X