• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport links

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transport links

Leave central Scotland (say Stirling) next Monday evening, arrive in Cologne on Tuesday morning, say before 11 am, pref before 10 am. Don't mind travelling overnight, in a sleeper or a ferry berth.

It's not far, in NW Europe, the best-connected area in the world. Must be quite easy. Shouldn't be too expensive either, I would say.

Can't quite seem to find how to do it.
    Step outside posh boy

Train to EDI apt

05:55 Edinburgh => 08:30 Amsterdam KLM KL1276
    10:00 Amsterdam => 11:05 Cologne KLM KL1807

Not sure I'd fancy it as a regular commute though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Train to EDI apt

05:55 Edinburgh => 08:30 Amsterdam KLM KL1276
      10:00 Amsterdam => 11:05 Cologne KLM KL1807

Not sure I'd fancy it as a regular commute though.
      I don't even fancy it once

Opodo:
      Price per adult including taxes and booking fees: £ 425.64 GBP

plus taxi to airport (from Stirling??, ouch!), or airport hotel, plus train Amsterdam-Cologne.

And it still doesn't get me to Cologne before 11 am.

Thnks but......
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Expat is that you?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Expat is that you?
          I am Spartacus.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
            I am Spartacus.
            That's news. Who isn't?

Comment

Leave central Scotland (say Stirling) next Monday evening, arrive in Cologne on Tuesday morning, say before 11 am, pref before 10 am. Don't mind travelling overnight, in a sleeper or a ferry berth.

It's not far, in NW Europe, the best-connected area in the world. Must be quite easy. Shouldn't be too expensive either, I would say.

Can't quite seem to find how to do it.
              According to Opodo, KLM are doing it for just short of £235. It will get you Cologne for 10pm, assuming you get the 4:30pm flight. As I don't know when you are coming back, I guessed that you are coming back the next day. Hence the cost.

I'm guessing this isn't the answer you are looking for, but good luck with your search.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                According to Opodo, KLM are doing it for just short of £235. It will get you Cologne for 10pm, assuming you get the 4:30pm flight. As I don't know when you are coming back, I guessed that you are coming back the next day. Hence the cost.

I'm guessing this isn't the answer you are looking for, but good luck with your search.
                Thanks.

But I can't leave as early as a 4:30 flight, probably can leave Stirling by 6 pm, so Edinburgh airport say 7 pm earliest. And it is one-way.
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Thanks.

But I can't leave as early as a 4:30 flight, probably can leave Stirling by 6 pm, so Edinburgh airport say 7 pm earliest. And it is one-way.
                  You will have a lot more choice of flights if you fly to Düsseldorf. The train from Düsseldorf to Köln takes about 40 minutes.

If you can lower yourself to ryanair they have a direct flight from edinburgh at 06:35 that will get you in for 09:05.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Expat is that you?
                    I'm worried about him. He was well down in the dumps last time he was arround.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X