• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Up, up and away...........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up, up and away...........

......Another bum is lifted off the bench, as a 6 month contract is excepted, after some seriously enjoyed/planned downtime comes to an end. Since September 4th 2009 to be precise......
    “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

another round of
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
      ......Another bum is lifted off the bench, as a 6 month contract is excepted, after some seriously enjoyed/planned downtime comes to an end. Since September 4th 2009 to be precise......
      What? Speak English!

Congrats, I assume...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        What? Speak English!

Congrats, I assume...
        I spec you knew what he meant.
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

Wait, if you planned the downtime does that count as the bench? Surely not ...

Comment

Blimey! More good news and I'll start believing Mandelson when he states the UK is coming out of recession

Anyway, Congrats!!!
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Planned, well sort of......

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              Wait, if you planned the downtime does that count as the bench? Surely not ...

Jeebo72,

It was bench time, me thinks. As the planning bit started back in 2006 as I saw the crazy credit bubble heading for 1929 proportions, and began a large increase to the old warchest, as time-off seemed a sure thing at some point. So this bench time has been a lot of fun due to having several different holidays and much time working on Plan B.

Boom and bust seems a way of life after 16 years in the contracting game...
              “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

More congratulations!

Comment

congrats!
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                  X