• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello Hector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Hector

hello!

we know you're there!

Come on and join the fun!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

that reminds me I have to give them a call to complain - bar stewards won't reassess my child tax credit for 08/09 with the real figures provided on 30 jan 2010 claiming the figures I have on 30 jul 2009 are the final ones and can't be changed madmadmadmadmad
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      that reminds me I have to give them a call to complain - bar stewards won't reassess my child tax credit for 08/09 with the real figures provided on 30 jan 2010 claiming the figures I have on 30 jul 2009 are the final ones and can't be changed madmadmadmadmad
      Can you claim Child Tax Credit as a contractor?
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Hector’s Dutch brother Hektor is quite a bar steward too. Up until the ‘credit crunch crisis thingummy’ if you had a big tax bill you just asked the accountant to call the tax service and arrange a payment schedule so you didn’t have to cough up umpty thousand euros in one go, but could spread payments over a year. The tax office were fine with this as long as they got the money within 12 months. Now, with the shiny new credit crunch recession, parliament demanded that the tax service set up a special ‘leniency arrangement’ so as to help small businesses get through the recession by spreading big tax payments across a year. So Hektor set to work and produced a set of requirements that are as good as impossible to meet for any small business needing leniency, lots of formal documents required, accountants reports, independent turnover and profit forecasts etc. Why don’t f**king ignorant politicians actually find out what the current policy is before demanding it should be changed? And why didn't Hektor tell them 'look we've already got that policy and it's working just fine'?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Can you claim Child Tax Credit as a contractor?
          as a brolly 'employee' if earnings are less than the limits then of course yes!
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
          X