• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I’ve just had Bob’s sister on the phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve just had Bob’s sister on the phone

She was, to borrow a phrase, looking for business. I’ve not had any calls like that for years. When I first set up HAB Inc, actually (Ltd) in those days, I got loads of calls, but none recently.

I was about to give a load of verbal abuse, but I couldn’t do it. She sounded so nice. Yes an accent, but her English was excellent and she was very clear. She also gave the impression that she knew what she was talking about and didn’t appear to be reading from a screen.

Compare that with the numpties we have in the UK and it becomes clear why so much business is being lost. UK companies really need to ‘up their game’, as the septic say.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Did she say her name was Rosemary?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      She was, to borrow a phrase, looking for business. I’ve not had any calls like that for years. When I first set up HAB Inc, actually (Ltd) in those days, I got loads of calls, but none recently.

I was about to give a load of verbal abuse, but I couldn’t do it. She sounded so nice. Yes an accent, but her English was excellent and she was very clear. She also gave the impression that she knew what she was talking about and didn’t appear to be reading from a screen.

Compare that with the numpties we have in the UK and it becomes clear why so much business is being lost. UK companies really need to ‘up their game’, as the septic say.
      Try watching "The other end of the line"
      Then you'll be picturing Miss Shriya Saran
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

No. I don't remember what it was, but it was not an English 'stage name'.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

We have a few of Bobs sisters here and they are all charming, although so shy as to be almost useless in any form of human to human contact.

Can any female members of CUK shed any light on their toilet behavior?

Before you all get excited I am referring to Bob's habbit of hawking his guts up and spitting whenever he enters the throan room. I would hope the ladies are a little more civilised but appreciate it's a cultural thing.

Comment

I have noticed that many Bob's tend not to wash their handies after a number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I’ve told the story of the skidmarks on the bog seat before but I was accused of racism for doing so.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Seen many brits do the same

Pondlife in "no barsnacks for me thanks" mode

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                  Can any female members of CUK shed any light on their toilet behavior?

Um... I'm very pleased to say that I haven't noticed any unusual behaviour...
                  Loopy Loo

Comment

Same for about 90% of British blokes aged over 60.

I think it is a generation thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X