• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

client behaviour poor with respect to IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

client behaviour poor with respect to IR35

I'm on a contract through my ltd with a client that is a bit in denial about hiring contractors.

The word "employee" is written through all their process docs. They've just asked me to fill out a form saying that I've been through their ISO 9001 training as an "employee".

How to handle this tactfully? They're not bad people. They probably just don't understand the implications for freelancers.
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Just explain to them that if you do these things as an employee, then they may be liable to pay your employers NI, holiday pay and sick pay.

Not sure if this is strictly true, but it normally works.....
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
      I'm on a contract through my ltd with a client that is a bit in denial about hiring contractors.

The word "employee" is written through all their process docs. They've just asked me to fill out a form saying that I've been through their ISO 9001 training as an "employee".

How to handle this tactfully? They're not bad people. They probably just don't understand the implications for freelancers.
      Just cross out the words 'employee' and write your ltd co, name.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Thanks.

Good, responsible suggestions from Mr Blackjack and Mr Bastard.
        Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Working...
        X