• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear child @ Computer People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear child @ Computer People

Dear child @ Computer People,

I am sorry I nearly swore at you on the telephone today.

When you telephoned me on my office direct line to say you knew I was starting a project and would need staff, and that I should recruit them through you, you were probably surprised at my flabbergasted response.

What I was trying to say, before I hung up on you in frustration was this:

In my 15 years of contracting, not one of your colleagues has ever responded to my calls or emails or applications. Never. Not once. No matter how perfect a match I have been or how persistent I have been in trying to establish contact, you have ignored me. Probably in the order of 300 times by now.

And that was why I was a bit lost for words when you said you thought I would help you.

Also, you did not even ask if there was a PSL and, if so, how to get onto it. Instead, you pleaded to me as a contractor to deal direct and recruit with you.

Just how niaive and unprofessional do you think I am? That was part of the reason I was lost for words: your offensiveness as well as your presumptuousness.

So that was why I mumbled at you before hanging up on you. As I said, I am sorry I nearly swore at you on the telephone today. I meant to tell you to f*** off. Seriously.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Cranium
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Classic.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

nice one!
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

When you telephoned me on my office direct line to say you knew I was starting a project and would need staff, and that I should recruit them through you, you were probably surprised at my flabbergasted response.

In my 15 years of contracting, not one of your colleagues has ever responded to my calls or emails or applications. Never. Not once. No matter how perfect a match I have been or how persistent I have been in trying to establish contact, you have ignored me. Probably in the order of 300 times by now.

And that was why I was a bit lost for words when you said you thought I would help you.

Also, you did not even ask if there was a PSL and, if so, how to get onto it. Instead, you pleaded to me as a contractor to deal direct and recruit with you.

Just how niaive and unprofessional do you think I am? That was part of the reason I was lost for words: your offensiveness as well as your presumptuousness.

So that was why I mumbled at you before hanging up on you. As I said, I am sorry I nearly swore at you on the telephone today. I meant to tell you to f*** off. Seriously.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Cranium
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Oh I say. Isn't that a bit rude?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Nahh.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Very, very marginally, but completely deserved.

Computer People are consistantly the worst in my experience when it comes to getting back to me with any kind of info. I think that all you said sounds like perfectly fair comment.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Yours sincerely,

Richard Cranium
                Mine is a very similar thing with them they've advertised roles that I've been ideal for and never EVER replied via e-mail or phoned me, its almost like a 'ghost agency'. They DO exist as a mate of mine used them for recruitment years ago and said they were o.k. Maybe I'm on some invented black list of theirs

Comment

Now I come to think of it, I spent almost two years contracting through them, initially down in Bristol (three months becoming eight months) and then from home on monthly renewals.

They always paid on time, and every time I phoned my agent to remind him that the next extension was due, he remembered who I and the client were and got right on it.

Well, up until the end of the final month... I phoned him from home on the Tuesday to remind him that the paperwork hadn't come through and he said "Oh, sorry, didn't you know? They aren't renewing."

Mildly amused at having done one-and-a-half days of needless work, I went to a conference at the end of the week, where I was hunted down like a dog in the pub afterwards by a certain Scotsman and asked if I'd be willing to contract direct with the company for whom he worked... and hence the Googling that led me to CUK

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Now I come to think of it, I spent almost two years contracting through them, initially down in Bristol (three months becoming eight months) and then from home on monthly renewals. ...
                    Now you mention it, I think was with Computer People at Orange in Bristol back in 1999-2000.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X