• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hang on, could a war over some islands affect the election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on, could a war over some islands affect the election?

Things seem to be hotting up again in the South Atlantic!

News article
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Mr M-
    who was your old avatar?

Comment

Bizet - put it back for you!
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

ah! Nice to put a face to the name.
        I love his song in Carmen Act I about how smoking cigarettes is great and make you look sophisticated and irresistable.

Comment

Good Labour should hopefully lose. They aren't very good at wars.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A trip down memory lane

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/c...islands-review

That was what the Labour Government did. When my right hon. Friend the Leader of the Opposition asked questions about this recently, the Prime Minister's response was to hurl across the Dispatch Box—"sneer" is the correct word—that if a Labour Government had been in power we would not have fired a shot. I tell the right hon. Lady, if we had been in power we would not have needed to.
            (Callaghan (ex-Navy), had refused to withdraw HMS Endurance from the South Atlantic in the late 70s. Thatcher had withdrawn her, leaving Argentina room to invade).

Comment

Can't we sell the Falklands? Come to think about it what about the Channel Islands? I know Fritz was keen to have them not that long ago, does anyone have any objections?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Can't we sell the Falklands? Come to think about it what about the Channel Islands? I know Fritz was keen to have them not that long ago, does anyone have any objections?
                Whilst we're at it, can we get rid of Scotland, Wales & NI too?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Is it a sustainable industry, selling islands?

I think we should start with the Scottish ones. They've got loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Is it a sustainable industry, selling islands?

I think we should start with the Scottish ones. They've got loads.
                    The ones which make whisky bring in a lot of tax though. Who will buy the islands even the Scots find too dank and miserable to live on?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X