• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some ideas please (it's for a good cause)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ideas please (it's for a good cause)

Hi All

I don't often venture over here so please be kind

Me and the gang at CU have organised some events for this year in order to raise money for our chosen charities - Children With Leukaemia and Cancer Research UK. The events so far are the London Marathon, the Moon Walk, Race for Life and several people jumping out of a perfectly servicible aeroplane with a hanky strapped to their backs.

Anyway, the point of popping over here is twofold, one to ask for you for some money please and the other is to ask for ideas for fund-raising events for the CU team to participate in - embarassing photo's to be posted on the website after the event

ContractorUmbrella will match contractor's donatations to these incredibly worthwhile charities.

http://www.contractorumbrella.com/charities.html
    Yes. All about the charities. No purvy thoughts at all
    73.68%
    No. I am tighter than DimPrawn (though not as rich)
    15.79%
    Only if AndyW is in it
    10.53%

The poll is expired.

Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

We really do need that tumbleweed smiley.

Comment

Do the Three Peaks Challenge or sit in a bath of beans for 30 days...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        We really do need that tumbleweed smiley.
        So how much is the Millionaire Dimprawn TM going to donate?

Comment

Good luck, Lisa.

At the moment, I can't improve on MM's 'bath of beans' suggestion!
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
            So how much is the Millionaire Dimprawn TM going to donate?
            I already donate £2 a month to the RSPCA.

Comment

Mmm, asking contractors on this board for a donation to charity is like asking Myra Hindley to baby sit your kids.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                Good luck, Lisa.

At the moment, I can't improve on MM's 'bath of beans' suggestion!
                Thanks Xenophon - volunteering people for the beans experience now. Oh no sorry that should be asking for volunteers

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Mmm, asking contractors on this board for a donation to charity is like asking Myra Hindley to baby sit your kids.
                  Surely not - such cynicism in one so young

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    Hi All

I don't often venture over here so please be kind

Me and the gang at CU have organised some events for this year in order to raise money for our chosen charities - Children With Leukaemia and Cancer Research UK. The events so far are the London Marathon, the Moon Walk, Race for Life and several people jumping out of a perfectly servicible aeroplane with a hanky strapped to their backs.

Anyway, the point of popping over here is twofold, one to ask for you for some money please and the other is to ask for ideas for fund-raising events for the CU team to participate in - embarassing photo's to be posted on the website after the event

ContractorUmbrella will match contractor's donatations to these incredibly worthwhile charities.

http://www.contractorumbrella.com/charities.html
                    Camping in the woods, dressed in a suit of meat. £50 for every limb that doesn't have an animal attached to it on your return

Comment

Working...
                    X