• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End Of Contract, Agency says nothing, Go Direct?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Contract, Agency says nothing, Go Direct?

Hi All,

My contract finishes at the end of the year, and my pm wants to extend. But neither the Client HR bods nor the agency have made any approaches to me.

I have the usual 8 week 'you can't go direct' clause in my contract, but my question is this:

If the agency does not offer an extension, then can I go direct?

I'm guessing 'no', but I'm peeved that it's me that has to do the chasing to get the extension sorted out.

Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.

Happy turkey/nut roast scoffing.

Chris

Have you spoken to your agency about it??

Comment

Nope. I'm hoping that if I don't take the initiative and sort it out for the agency, then I can claim they weren't interested, and then go direct to client.

Comment

>I can claim they weren't interested, and then go direct to client

Can't wait to hear what the Judge says about that one. I'll remember not to ask you for Legal advice in the future.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X