• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Even the property bulls have to admit it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the property bulls have to admit it...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/hous.../february-2010

Scarce new sellers bump up asking prices by 3.2%, an average increase of £7,137 with London setting a new record of £427,987.

Monthly rise reminiscent of boom-times; there has been no higher rise since April 2007 when we saw a 3.7% increase.

January sees record search activity on rightmove.co.uk, up 29% on same period last year.

The economic fundamentals cannot support further price increases of this magnitude

At this rate, in 10 years, sasguru will be half as rich as me.

Boomed!

Look at houses for sale locally - even in top end £500k+ rooms are so small that it's a joke, sick one

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

And AtW will be having to cough up even more rent for his bedsit!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Look at houses for sale locally - even in top end £500k+ rooms are so small that it's a joke, sick one
        But you would no longer have to wash the dishes when you were having your weekly bath.

Comment

So is my understanding of that text correct in that London prices are now higher than they've every been?

Got to be a joke surely. Then again going by the types of people who want to live there I suppose it is no surprise

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
            So is my understanding of that text correct in that London prices are now higher than they've every been?

Got to be a joke surely. Then again going by the types of people who want to live there I suppose it is no surprise
            Barclays investment bank has 20,000+ employees and the average bonus was £190,000 each. You work it out.

No more bust under Labour!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/hous.../february-2010

Boomed!
              Estate agent web site talking up house market shock horror

Numpties
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Are we poorer than a third world person yet? How long does the average 3rd worlder take to buy his own house?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Are we poorer than a third world person yet? How long does the average 3rd worlder take to buy his own house?
                  He doesn't - he gets a tent from the UN...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    He doesn't - he gets a tent from the UN...
                    That's more than the average renter in the UK gets.

Comment

Working...
                    X