• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hippos towed away my van!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hippos towed away my van!

Sitting at home last week deciding to scrap my white van as the engine had blown up, when all of a sudden theres a ring at the door. Little irish fella starts talking about the van 'Ah to be sure, watcha you doing with that little fella my man?'

Anyway, we cut a deal and he toddled off. The next day three cars and a low loader appear at the house and about 10 swarthy looking gentlemen got out, starting kicking the tyres etc. When I walked out the little irish fella appeared with a couple of other 'types' and started talking in a language which sounded english, but was a little hard to work out.

Anyway, as quick as they came, they and the van were gone!

When my 3 year old daughter came back home, she asked where the van was and so I told her. Later when her grandma arrived, she asked where the van had gone and my daughter turned to her and said. 'Grandma. The Hippos came and took it away!'
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sitting at home last week deciding to scrap my white van as the engine had blown up, when all of a sudden theres a ring at the door. Little irish fella starts talking about the van 'Ah to be sure, watcha you doing with that little fella my man?'

Anyway, we cut a deal and he toddled off. The next day three cars and a low loader appear at the house and about 10 swarthy looking gentlemen got out, starting kicking the tyres etc. When I walked out the little irish fella appeared with a couple of other 'types' and started talking in a language which sounded english, but was a little hard to work out.

Anyway, as quick as they came, they and the van were gone!

When my 3 year old daughter came back home, she asked where the van was and so I told her. Later when her grandma arrived, she asked where the van had gone and my daughter turned to her and said. 'Grandma. The Hippos came and took it away!'

Gyppo - Hippo

There was an ad on tv last night for something on channel 4 - my big fat gypsy wedding - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/m...-gypsy-wedding... should have been big fat pikey wedding but apparantly you aren't allowed to say Pikey any more.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

MF,

did you normally keep the van with the blown up engine outside your house ?

do your neighbours also have vans outside their houses in varying states of repair ?

just trying to picture the neighbourhood

Milan.

Comment

do you also have a neighbour called Wilmslow?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

No just me. I believe I have managed to devalue the postcode by up to 15% since moving in with the brood.

We have a 'Beware of the Children' sign on the outside of the house, and the kids all have 'Love' 'Hate' tattoed on their hands. Even the rabbit has a mohican!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            No just me. I believe I have managed to devalue the postcode by up to 15% since moving in with the brood.

We have a 'Beware of the Children' sign on the outside of the house, and the kids all have 'Love' 'Hate' tattoed on their hands. Even the rabbit has a mohican!
            THIS is what listening to Marillion does for you.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Hippos kill more people that Lions in Africa.
              They can be very dangerous and their breath really stinks, but I still love 'em
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

You have to watch out for those pie keys.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

My Father-in-Law has a Hippo that he takes everywhere with him. My wife calls her "mum".
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    My Father-in-Law has a Hippo that he takes everywhere with him. My wife calls her "mum".
                    Come back Reggie!
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X