• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rude permie users

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rude permie users

How do you deal with rude permies?

Do you smile sweetly and maintain a professional composure or respond in kind?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Be overly polite - it winds 'em up even more.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I ignore them and send an invoice.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Show them your bank balance, and take the afternoon off and go down the pub.

Comment

Just give them the crap that new users on here get about seeing some people naked.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I don't talk to end users, that's what the service desk is for. Unless they service desk is too thick to ask the right questions and i have to speak to said angry user, then i just bite my tounge and pretend to care.

Comment

I find being really polite and sympathetic helps. They sometimes just need to feel like they are being heard.

Comment

what kind of rudeness are you talking about? Can you give an example?

As a contractor, you should always be professional. Customer service skills, an air of calmness, and a thick skin will get you far.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post

As a contractor, you should always be professional. Customer service skills, an air of calmness, and a thick skin and a calculator will get you far.
                  ftfy
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post

As a contractor, you should always be professional. Customer service skills, an air of calmness, and a thick skin will get you far.
                    In this case SHOUTING IN EMAILS
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X