• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you brew beer to 41%?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you brew beer to 41%?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02...k_the_bismark/

Love the Spitfire ad, by the way

Add a drop of ale to vodka?

Comment

Carefully...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I they have really brewed it, they must have bred a new kind of yeast. I thought yeast dies at around 20%?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I they have really brewed it, they must have bred a new kind of yeast. I thought yeast dies at around 20%?
          Can you "fortify" beer like you fortify wine?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I believe you freeze it and remove the ice.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I wonder what it tastes like.

At £40 a bottle, I'll just never know.
              Molasses I imagine.

What I can hardly begin to imagine is the thumping skull-shattering hangover you'd have the next morning after drinking a pint of the syrupy gloop.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I liked it so much, I bought the company...

http://www.equityforpunks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Not strictly brewed as such, they store it in a cold store for a few weeks and as the water content freezes out they draw of the remaining liquid giving a beer with a much higher alchohol content but without changing the nature of the brew by heating it as you would if you were making whiskey.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Not strictly brewed as such, they store it in a cold store for a few weeks and as the water content freezes out they draw of the remaining liquid giving a beer with a much higher alchohol content but without changing the nature of the brew by heating it as you would if you were making whiskey.
                    Is that how they make those "Ice" beers that are popular in yankee land?

Comment

Working...
                    X