• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to a stadium gig recently?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to a stadium gig recently?

Apparently you can't smoke (even though it's open air) & often you have to sit in your allocated seat (even if you're on the pitch) otherwise you get hassled by some heavy.

WTF is it coming to? I haven't been to a big gig like that since the late 80's & I seem to recall there being a liberal sprinking of topless women & reefers being handed around. What sort of a boring puritanical society have we become??

And keep the noise down please for health and safety reasons.

Comment

It's not about the music anymore, it's about the money - and not getting sued (which, I guess, is also about the money).
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Im not sure I'd like to have your fag smoke swirling around me for 2 hours while im trying to enjoy myself.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
          Im not sure I'd like to have your fag smoke swirling around me for 2 hours while im trying to play with myself.
          ftfy
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Im not sure I'd like to have your fag smoke swirling around me for 2 hours while im trying to enjoy myself.
            Well, if it's in the open air it ain't exactly going to be swirling about you is it? And who said anything about fags?

Comment

At the indoor concert I went to recently at the Portsmouth Guildhall, the lead guitarist smoked and consumed a bottle of vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                Well, if it's in the open air it ain't exactly going to be swirling about you is it? And who said anything about fags?
                Youve never smoked a fag before? I have once ........ admittedly I was pretty nervous!!

Comment

Youve never smoked a fag before? I have once ........ admittedly I was pretty nervous!!
                  think how he felt...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    think how he felt...
                    I was going to do a Gianni Versace based joke but thought better of it.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X