• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm a fecking idiot...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fecking idiot...

I think we all knew that... but in a ridiculous fit of honesty, I happened to mention that in 1992 the bottom of my garden was flooded.

Wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't been trying to get the house insured at the time...

Seems not to matter that it was caused by criminal vandalism, the magic word bumps up the premium (if you can get cover) by about £150...

Ho fecking hum.

Funny how everyone hates insurance companies...

But if you hadn't of mentioned it, and then need to claim, the loss adjuster would have pointed out that there had been a flood in xxxx that you didn't declare and hence your insurance is void due to <small print section yyyy>
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Actually, I'd never mentioned on the original proposal form (about 6 years ago) coz I'd actually forgotten all about it.

It was only when I attempted to get an alternative quote that it came up at all.

The clown at one insurance company was quite shirty about it, saying that I hadn't declared it, when oddly enough I wouldn't have been talking to her at all if I hadn't answered yes to the question when asked by the droid on the other end of the phone...

It's now 150m from a river apparently.

Which is going to feck up a goodly portion of Neath...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        But if you hadn't of mentioned it, and then need to claim, the loss adjuster would have pointed out that there had been a flood in xxxx that you didn't declare and hence your insurance is void due to <small print section yyyy>
        have. Your pretensions to be smart have been exposed, you chav.
        Hic! Merry Saturnalia.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I suppose it's just as well that I didn't mention that it was previously flooded in 1961 or there'd have been hell to pay...

Comment

Working...
          X