• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It aint easy being a fella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It aint easy being a fella

It aint easy being a fella.
    For years I have struggled with opening plastic carrier bags.

You know what its like, screaming kids, six bag loads waiting to be packed, still havent paid, a big queue starting to get irritated. And can you open the bags ? can you fck.

Eventually the cashier rolls their eyes and leans over to open a few, leaving you feeling like a total d1ck.

Tonight, I was getting a few bits and the tills were empty, so I mentions this to the lady on the checkout. So she picked up a bag and showed me the trick. If you stretch the top in a particular point, a tab pops up, pull the tab and the bag opens. JEEZ, why didnt they teach this in school ??

she handed me a half dozen bags and invited me to practice - its brilliant.

So not only do fellas have to shave every day, fight their way to the bar and mow the grass. They are never taught these little things

it aint easy being a fella

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It aint easy being a fella.
    For years I have struggled with opening plastic carrier bags.

You know what its like, screaming kids, six bag loads waiting to be packed, still havent paid, a big queue starting to get irritated. And can you open the bags ? can you fck.

Eventually the cashier rolls their eyes and leans over to open a few, leaving you feeling like a total d1ck.

Tonight, I was getting a few bits and the tills were empty, so I mentions this to the lady on the checkout. So she picked up a bag and showed me the trick. If you stretch the top in a particular point, a tab pops up, pull the tab and the bag opens. JEEZ, why didnt they teach this in school ??

she handed me a half dozen bags and invited me to practice - its brilliant.

So not only do fellas have to shave every day, fight their way to the bar and mow the grass. They are never taught these little things

it aint easy being a fella

Which is completely true EO. The fact you were born a women and then had the op, really doesn't make you a fella does it love?

HTH

MF in 'Back from the pub' mode
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I just send the wife
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Which is completely true EO. The fact you were born a women and then had the op, really doesn't make you a fella does it love?

HTH

MF in 'Back from the pub' mode
        I guess its a hard call, as your op went the other way.
        Now bend over love and touch your toes, this is gonna hurt you more than it does me

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

I don't think it's just a 'man' thing. Bags never work for me either. Makes you almost wish you'd succumbed to the 'bag for life' propaganda.

Comment

So she picked up a bag and showed me the trick. If you stretch the top in a particular point, a tab pops up, pull the tab and the bag opens. JEEZ, why didnt they teach this in school ?
            I have trouble opening those bags too, can you elaborate? Also, when getting one out of a dispenser, I often end up with much more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              I don't think it's just a 'man' thing. Bags never work for me either. Makes you almost wish you'd succumbed to the 'bag for life' propaganda.
              about an inch from the handle, grip the two welded sides, and stretch the plastic (as if you were going to make the neck of the bag a little wider)

a little triangle pops up. grip the triangle. It will have seperated a few mm from the opposite side, just enough to get your finger tip in.

hey presto, the coolest dad on the block.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Just dab your tongue on your thumb like you are rifling through a stack of papers. Precedes "easy-open" carrier bags. Just have to make it look subtle rather than licking yourself which is a bit gross.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I have trouble opening those bags too, can you elaborate? Also, when getting one out of a dispenser, I often end up with much more than one.
                  difficult to describe in words.
                  hold the flat bag in front of your chest. handle on the left, handle on the right. there is a gap of about 12 inches between the handles.

your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make that gap 12.5 inches, by stretching the plastic. The place to stretch it is about an inch from one of the handles

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

difficult to describe in words.
                    hold the flat bag in front of your chest. handle on the left, handle on the right. there is a gap of about 12 inches between the handles.

your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make that gap 12.5 inches, by stretching the plastic. The place to stretch it is about an inch from one of the handles

I will practise profusely next time I am in the supermarket until I have it mastered or run out of bags. Is the secret stretchy place on both sides?

Comment

Working...
                    X