• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NTL... the saga continues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTL... the saga continues

After 6 years of answering someone else's phone calls, I finally cracked & complained to Ofcom.

Had a call from the secretary of the MD of NTL...

Probly won't make the slightest difference, but hey! it's made my day.

My God, I'm glad I'm not with NTL, or "Network that Torments Lizards".

I thought BT were bad enough, but they have cleaned up their act lately. Touch wood.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      My God, I'm glad I'm not with NTL, or "Network that Torments Lizards".

I thought BT were bad enough, but they have cleaned up their act lately. Touch wood.
      Well at the moment I'm not but they are merging with Telewest so I may get stuck with them

Wonder if it will get any better when they subsequently become part of the Virgin Group

Comment

What really pissed me off was the combination of a debt collection agency who didn't seem capable of understanding what I was telling them i.e. I'm not the twat they are pursuing, I don't live at his address, I have never met him, and the joys of silent calls from GE Capital or GE Money as it now appears to be called.

This week's crop has included calls from far far away, where they no speaka da lingo very well.

And, for a change, calls for some woman I've never heard of either, with a different name & address to the twat mentioned above.

Deep Joy.

And all these fecking names & numbers are now in a multiplicity of different databases, like 118118, 192, BT, etc. etc. etc.

So I've complained to the Data Protection thingy as well.

Comment

Working...
        X