• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow

WTF. Some parts of the south may be getting 10 cm tomorrow I've never known a winter like it.

Eh? News to me.

Is this on the Beeb?

Comment

Global warming innit - if anyone doubts it you should get one of these gizmos

for the doubters
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Eh? News to me.

Is this on the Beeb?
        Yep. The band that I was interested forms tomorrow evening in SE Wales and travels in a NE direction through the Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Yep. The band that I was interested forms tomorrow evening in SE Wales and travels in a NE direction through the Midlands.
          Not bloody snow again!

Comment

WTF. Some parts of the south may be getting 10 cm tomorrow I've never known a winter like it.
            Get yourself a 4x4 and stop worrying about it
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Not bloody snow again!
              How come a squirrel bit me when I fed it a nut, are they shortsighted? It was only a tiny little puncture wound, but bled for ages.

Comment

How come a squirrel bit me when I fed it a nut, are they shortsighted?
                They have eyes on the sides - a bit hard to see what's right in front of them especially when it smells very nice!

Use big leather gloves with extra pair of normal ones inside.

And if you find that you've got quickly growing bushy tail and new desire to go up the tree, then don't try to resist it - you will only make things worse for yourself.

Comment

How come a squirrel bit me when I fed it a nut, are they shortsighted? It was only a tiny little puncture wound, but bled for ages.
                  I do hope the nut you are talking about is one off a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    They have eyes on the sides - a bit hard to see what's right in front of them especially when it smells very nice!

Use big leather gloves with extra pair of normal ones inside.

And if you find that you've got quickly growing bushy tail and new desire to go up the tree, then don't try to resist it - you will only make things worse for yourself.
                    Oh No! The Curse of the Were-Squirel!!
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X