• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shiny Metal Bubble ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiny Metal Bubble ?

hmmmm...

'George Soros buys gold despite dubbing it 'ultimate bubble''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...te-bubble.html

Milan.

There is gold in that...erm...err...gold...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

People need to stop thinking about gold as gold and think of it as what it is, another currency. One that no single government controls and no one can print more of it.

It just happens to be gold as gold is relatively scarce, cannot easily be made artificially, takes time and money to "mint" and does not degrade.

Humans need a currency to represent wealth and buying power that is not subject to "quantitative easing".

Gold doesn't go up, paper money goes down.

Comment

thank you DP

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          thank you DP

Milan.
          You're welcome.

Comment

And remember, paper gold is not gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              And remember, paper gold is not gold.
              Indeed, that's why I am wearing a 4 kg chunky gold chain round my neck.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Indeed, that's why I am wearing a 4 kg chunky gold chain round my neck.
                ???
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Looks like the Pound is taking another pounding today, even against other fiat rapidly inflating currencies.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Don't you just love the comments?
                    Young yogesh is classic.

Mmmmmmmmm. I smell a Plan B for some one - sell instructions on how to make gold to the Bob's.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X