• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Client Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Client Expenses

I would be interested to know the following in respect of expense charges to your clients.

Do you charge a call out fee.?

How much do you charge your clients for travel to thier premises per day.?

How much do you charge your clients per mile if you use your own car to complete tasks for the client.? And do you provide a proof of mileage log.?

How much do you charge your clients for daily subsistence?

How much do you charge your client per day for overnight accomodation?

Do you just charge your clients the exact cost of your expenses?

Do you have to provide receipts to your agent/client or do you fix a daily rate for any expenses incurred in addition to your contractual rate.?

How much do you charge for answering a detailed list of questions about your private financial affairs without even a please or thankyou?

Comment

Comment

Please, and thank you.

It has come to my attention that some contractors are processing personal expenses directly with clients finance department, rather than invoicing for expenses incurred.

Your company is losing out on tax relief, and secondly the IR may consider these contractors as being treated as employees.

Thanks.

Comment

It has come to my attention
          Has it really?

and what concern is it of yours if they do??
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hey Mr Taxman, sorry, Jez, your fake beard is longer than mine.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I suspect he'll be offering 'administrative services' next, Santa.

(Do you like port or sherry this year, btw? and I've got organic carrots ready for the boys...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Jezz Williams
                I would be interested to know the following in respect of expense charges to your clients.

Do you charge a call out fee.?

How much do you charge your clients for travel to thier premises per day.?

How much do you charge your clients per mile if you use your own car to complete tasks for the client.? And do you provide a proof of mileage log.?

How much do you charge your clients for daily subsistence?

How much do you charge your client per day for overnight accomodation?

Do you just charge your clients the exact cost of your expenses?

Do you have to provide receipts to your agent/client or do you fix a daily rate for any expenses incurred in addition to your contractual rate.?
                Sorry I run a genuine business. Factors such as overnight accomodation, travel to premises are factored into the overall quote or the hourly rate. What are expenses?

Oh those are the things I charge ContractorCo for. Sorry getting too early into the Holiday spirit.

Comment

If it's a direct contract then you'll have to negotiate. If it's agency then they're probably already worked out already.

In my humble experience...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                  X