• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which car would you go for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which car would you go for?

I have a car decision to make.

I have a 2 year Focus ghia diesel from new. 60K miles.

My mum has a X type jag diesel estate, 2003, sport edition with in-built sat nav etc and only 30K’s.

Will check tonight, (web filter blocking whatcar), but, assuming both around the same value.

Mum wanting to trade in for a new car – which would you go for, 2 year old Focus or 7 year old Mondeo in drag??

you mean you might offer her yours in exchange for hers so that she gets a better deal? what a nice son you are etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      you mean you might offer her yours in exchange for hers so that she gets a better deal? what a nice son you are etc.
      Not that nice!

If mine is worth less I would offer mine as the trade-in and give my mum the balance.........

Comment

Passat.

Milan
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Don't go for the Jag unless it's the 2.2d which I think came in around 2005.

The 2.0d is underpowered and frankly stupid in a sports dress, you'll have 1.4 208's burning you off at the lights.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            Don't go for the Jag unless it's the 2.2d which I think came in around 2005.

The 2.0d is underpowered and frankly stupid in a sports dress, you'll have 1.4 208's burning you off at the lights.
            It is the 2.0d - I drive it quite a lot going up to Scotland - feels fine on the motorway. Not into drag racing at lights so not an issue for me. It is a heavy car, but handles pretty good......

Garaged when not in use, mileage is 95% motorway, half of which I have driven in it as visiting relatives with my mum in Scotland.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That fine then, yes they do handle well, I had the 2.2d a really enjoyed it.

However like a lot of cars originally designed for petrol engines and than have a great heavy diesel put in they suffer with suspension wear and wheel bearings. Also chew front tyres. But maybe cos I couldn't drive sedately.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Baby Jag. Is there really any question?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Baby Jag. Is there really any question?
                    With 'Wilmslow' there is always a question...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X