• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which car would you go for? [Contractors car]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which car would you go for? [Contractors car]

A serious question I've been pondering these past couple of weeks.

A: 1 year old 5L XK-RS Jaguar

B: 3 year old V8 Vantage Aston

Both can be got for around the same price (£45K)

No matter how I look at it the Vantage calls...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Passat.

Milan
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Passat.

Milan
      Surely the contractor version is the Phaeton W12?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

The Jag is better looking so long as you get one of the first of the XKs. The new facelift XK with the front air scoops/mesh grill/spoiler thing has upset me deeply. Thankfully buying one is completely academic.

Comment

Jag Mark II has always been a favourite of mine, (and if my garage was wide enough I'd buy one).

I'm limited on what cars to buy as a certain MrNorr is a tall lump and doesn't fit in most ( which ruled out the Alfa spider I was considering a few weeks back ).
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            The Jag is better looking so long as you get one of the first of the XKs. The new facelift XK with the front air scoops/mesh grill/spoiler thing has upset me deeply. Thankfully buying one is completely academic.
            I think the new XK-R looks rather stunning actually, they've really made a good attempt attracting part of the market that has always avoided them in the past.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I think the new XK-R looks rather stunning actually, they've really made a good attempt attracting part of the market that has always avoided them in the past.
              I agree, though the lines are very reminiscient of the aston.........
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The baby Aston hands down! Stunning car and sounds amazing.

Can get a beautiful M6 at that price too.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Jag Mark II has always been a favourite of mine, (and if my garage was wide enough I'd buy one).

I'm limited on what cars to buy as a certain MrNorr is a tall lump and doesn't fit in most ( which ruled out the Alfa spider I was considering a few weeks back ).
                  I had a MKII for about six months when I was in my spiv buying and selling classics mode. It had problems starting which, on one occasion, meant I had to leave it of a Friday evening in Wythenshawe Hospital car park. Amazingly it survived the ordeal.

Comment

Listen to this puppy start at 30 seconds in XK-RS

I think driving this to the client's site I could get away with, the Vantage however...

Saying that every time I see the vantage up close and personal I get weak.... so weak

Comment

Working...
                    X