• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrr - bloody MP's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr - bloody MP's

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....+-+RSS+Feed%29

What an absolute cock!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Making them travel 2nd class is a bit much.

I wouldn't travel 2nd class and I wouldn't expect my MP to.

Comment

Speaking on a heated radio phone-in this morning, he told furious callers 'a totally different type of people travel standard class'.

Macclesfield's ever-controversial MP also said rail passengers who did not travel by business or first class had 'a different outlook on life' and 'different status'.

Speaking as somebody who always travels first class, I certainly don't want MPs in the same carriage as me

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

We all know what he means and he is right about the need to avoid cattle class. (If you don’t know then you’re either a wannabe ‘professional’ or an inverted snob.) However, what gets me is that none of these MPs have the smarts to spot when they are being ambushed into these questions, or have a well thought out retort to them.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I agree with him. MPs should travel first class. How do you expect them to do work for you when some annoying teenagers are messing around with their mobile phones and ipods?

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
              I agree with him. MPs should travel first class. How do you expect them to do work for you when some annoying teenagers are messing around with their mobile phones and ipods?
              Where do you stand on expenses for duck islands?
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I travel first class and claim the costs as expenses. I would be very upset if MPs in Holland were made to travel second class, because the vindictive bar stewards would then probably stop me claiming first class travel on expenses.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I have to admit, WHS
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                    I too agree that MPs should travel first class. However the reason why this idiot is getting stick is because he sneered at the general population who pay his wages (and expenses etc). If he's so incompetent that he can't justify his use of first class travel without resorting to insulting his employers, he really shouldn't be in the job (and yes I know he's standing down at the next election)
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X