• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5 years testing experience for 190 a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years testing experience for 190 a day

http://www.jobserve.com/Telephony-Ne...35AF847D.jsjob

Hahaha. Is that rupees or pounds sterling?

Oh and you need to speak fluent English!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    http://www.jobserve.com/Telephony-Ne...35AF847D.jsjob

Hahaha. Is that rupees or pounds sterling?

Oh and you need to speak fluent English!
    I can't even respond to this for fear of sounding racist

but I bet if I replied I wouldn't get a look in....

<cough> Nice weather we are having.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I can't even respond to this for fear of sounding racist

but I bet if I replied I wouldn't get a look in....

<cough> Nice weather we are having.
      Speak your mind. They can only hang us once!

And I think I know what you were thinking, that the fecking agent probably cant speak fluent English either. There, I said it for you!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Tell me, what should a tester expect to get in Newcastle?

(no jokes please!)
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

(no jokes please!)
          You have got to be kidding with an opener like that?? Thats like a red rag to a bull, comedy waiting to be made here....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

(no jokes please!)
            200 ?

Testing, you guys need to get real. The reason it's outsourced is because the job is not intellectually demanding. You need to wake up and start realising that you have had it too good for far too long

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
              200 ?

Testing, you guys need to get real. The reason it's outsourced is because the job is not intellectually demanding. You need to wake up and start realising that you have had it too good for far too long
              (JOS)

With testers, like programmers, the best ones are an order of magnitude better than the average ones. At Juno, we had one tester, Jill McFarlane, who found three times as many bugs as all four other testers, combined. I'm not exaggerating, I actually measured this. She was more than twelve times more productive than the average tester. When she quit, I sent an email to the CEO saying "I'd rather have Jill on Mondays and Tuesdays than the rest of the QA team put together".
              Good testers are valuable, and skilled. Just like good coders.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

(no jokes please!)
                I don't have a feel for what (if any) premium the various telecoms-specific skills listed in the ad command over a generic test role requiring 5 years' experience. But the £190 a day rate seems reasonable for the current market and it is in the North East - where the job market feels like there is a permanent recession even when the rest of the country is booming. The rate seems like a genuine attempt to interest a UK contractor, if they were looking to bring someone in (and yes, I know it's Techmahindra that hiring) they could easily have offered the usual insulting £90-150 a day.

Comment

Yes, £200/day doesn't sound a bad rate in Newcastle. As a techy, a salary of £30k is pretty decent up here. But then, property is cheap up here - the 4-bed townhouse we rent in Durham city centre just sold for about £250k. A mile or two outside the city centre, knock £100k off that.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Yes, £200/day doesn't sound a bad rate in Newcastle. As a techy, a salary of £30k is pretty decent up here. But then, property is cheap up here - the 4-bed townhouse we rent in Durham city centre just sold for about £250k. A mile or two outside the city centre, knock £100k off that.
                    Throw in the Geordie lasses and youve got yourself a deal!

Comment

Working...
                    X