• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Won't happen under Tories: "'People in standard class are totally different"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't happen under Tories: "'People in standard class are totally different"

This would have never happened under Tories:

"Tory grande Sir Nicholas Winterton today claimed that MPs should continue to travel first-class on trains because passengers in standard carriages are 'a totally different type of people'.

In an astonishing outburst, Sir Nicholas said that people travelling on cheaper standard tickets had 'a different outlook on life' and were unlikely to be working or studying during their journey.

And he claimed that MPs deserved to be treated like businesspeople and senior public servants and should be allowed to claim for first-class travel between their constituencies and London so they can work."

More:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...avel-rule.html

Echo... Echo... Echo...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Echo... Echo... Echo...

Comment

Leave Sir Nick alone - he had the decency to write me a letter from the commons congratulating me on my 21st when it was featured in the local rag
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Leave Sir Nick alone - he had the decency to write me a letter from the commons congratulating me on my 21st when it was featured in the local rag
          Eh? were they surprised you lived to that age?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Eh? were they surprised you lived to that age?
            I was surprised

(as local MP he scanned the local rag for people coming of age)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I was surprised

(as local MP he scanned the local rag for people coming of age)
              I meant why was it in the local rag?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I meant why was it in the local rag?
                small town news...births,deaths,marriages are newsworthy...if you ever read "Cheshire Life" you'll see what I mean

Comment

Obviously he's never been in first class on the east midlands train which stops at Bedford.

Peace and quiet once the melee have got off there.......
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have to agree with the Honourable Member. If I ever get to buy my house in Tunbridge Wells and get a rather nice rate in town no way am I travelling in 3rd. Then again, back in the real world.

Comment

Working...
                    X