• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "unban Brillopad" petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "unban Brillopad" petition

Please vote...
    Yes, he's served his dues and can be released into care of CUK community...
    51.85%
    No, he was a right "throw toys out of the pram" character, keep him banned for little more
    22.22%
    Only unban him if AndyW also gets unbanned
    25.93%

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Please vote...
    What next? Unban Cyberghoul petition?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      What next? Unban Cyberghoul petition?
      No, the next one will be petition to ban you in order to keep balance on CUK...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        No, the next one will be petition to ban you in order to keep balance on CUK...
        feck

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
          In this particular instance, admin's vote is the only one that counts........
          and what makes this thread official?
          If there was an unoffical thread on the subject I might vote in that.

Comment

I can't remember what he did to get deleted.

Comment

AtW has a valid point.

Scary, I know.

I didn't think BP's ban would be permanent. Thought it'd be a slap on the wrist. He's a stalwart and is missed (although probably posting under a sockie).

Admin, is it time for him to come out of the sin bin?

Are you still hacked off with the whole BN66/taxman/po-leece conspiracy theory/rebuttal malarkey?

Personally, I thought both were at fault. BP for taking it too far, and Admin for not just stating the facts and leaving it at that. Mind, I'm not fully up to speed with the whole situation so there may be more to it.

Comment

An afterthought, but in essence, you should both simply kiss and make up.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  Personally, I thought both were at fault. BP for taking it too far, and Admin for not just stating the facts and leaving it at that. Mind, I'm not fully up to speed with the whole situation so there may be more to it.
                  Much as I love Scourer, whom I regard as a friend and have, like you RH, met in TRW, I still think he was wrong to attack Admin in the way that he did, and that Admin did its/her/his best in the difficult circumstances created by that attack.

Admin faced a tricky problem: being attacked for something, and only being able to defend oneself at the risk of revealing confidential information through a chance word. It was an ugly scene, and in the end Admin dealt with it as well as she/it/he could have done in the circumstances. (It should also be noted that this wasn't a fight of Admin's making.) I still feel that Scourer was in the wrong, and should have apologised.

At the same time, I feel that destroying his post count was pretty harsh; it made sense as a temporary measure during that unpleasant kerfuffle, but even if he is to remain banned I would like it if Admin could at least restore it to its true value (not counting LR, he had more than 18,500 posts) as an acknowledgement that he did contribute a lot to this forum. To leave him set at zero strikes me as almost spiteful, and although I can understand why Admin might feel bitterly resentful at the unjust accusations that were made, I also feel that he/she/it might find it within herself/itself/himself to rise above this and allow the historical record to stand at the correct value.

If I can do anything to effect a reconciliation (well, more likely, an uneasy truce) between them then I offer my services. However, Scourer is a man of strong opinions and has usually given the impression of being unwilling to back down over anything, and Admin has to be similarly dogged to keep this bearpit under control. Still, if an ageing hippy can do anything to smooth things over, here I stand

Either way, I still think he should get his post count back. That point was made at the time, and doesn't need to continue to be made.
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 19 February 2010, 03:44. Reason: Refining a sentence

Comment

Well Brillopad was 100% in the wrong, not even 99% but 100%. He acted like a stubborn jerk and then refused to apologise for making some pretty serious and nasty accusations.
                    I dont think it was the initial unfounded allegations which got him banned but the fact he wasnt a big enough man to admit he was wrong and apologise.
                    If he admits he was wrong and apologises I would be in favour of the admin possibly reviewing the ban, but letting him back in without an aplogy and an admittance that he was 100% wrong just sends the signal that you can act like a complete jerk and get away with it as long as you have a high post count.
                    I dont expect the admin to meet him halfway, why should he have to? If someone assaulted you and beat you, would you like it if the police just said have a hug and apologise to each other? Slightly absurd hyperbolic example, but relevant.

And people need to seriously get over the whole post count thing, it is incredibly pathetic. I have lurked for a year and generally dont bother posting unless I have something to say. Wish some others were like that....

Comment

Working...
                    X