• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dissolution to be announced next week, General Election at end of March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissolution to be announced next week, General Election at end of March

<placeholder>

I can't see Brown waiting until after the 2010q1 figures are released.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    <placeholder>

I can't see Brown waiting until after the 2010q1 figures are released.
    Don't we get the first revision to the 2009q4 figures next week?

If the revision goes well I can see an election being called quickly.

Comment

To the voting public it doesn't matter how the revisions go does it? I mean, everyone knows and feels the situation is bad so what difference would a positive revision make?

Comment

Originally posted by JaredM View Post
        To the voting public it doesn't matter how the revisions go does it? I mean, everyone knows and feels the situation is bad so what difference would a positive revision make?
        Some solid evidence that things are about to improve could make all the difference.

Guido blogged yesterday about the Labour Party outlining their election campaign themes this weekend.

linky

He commented that it was too early to be doing this if the election was going to be in May.
        Guido can’t help but think February is a little early to be unveiling this much with a May polling date in mind…
        I think that he thinks the election is going to be sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          He commented that it was too early to be doing this if the election was going to be in May.

I think that he thinks the election is going to be sooner rather than later.
          Not sure that it can be much later than May anyway can it? IIRC they can juggle it to take it back to early June or something, but no longer. Bring it on I say. Sick of this mob...........not that I believe that the next mob will be that great either, but they can only take us in one direction!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            but they can only take us in one direction!
            You mean "things can only get better"?

Comment

Also, the Labour Party is skint[*] and won't be able to sustain a long election campaign.

So as soon as the slogans and posters appear, that's a sign the balloon's gone up.

[*] even more so after they geared up for an election when Brown became PM, and he bottled it at the last minute
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X